What’s in your cottage?
Our gorgeous holiday cottages are spotlessly clean and fully-equipped with everything you’ll need. There is free WiFi throughout.
Each cottage has:
- Flatscreen TV with Freeview
- DVD player
- Deep, comfy sofas
- Masses of tourist information
- Complimentary flapjacks on arrival. Home-made by Jean. they are fabulous and a favourite with our guests.
Each kitchen has:
- Solid oak units
- Electric cooker and microwave
- Fridge and freezer
- Comprehensive cooking equipment
- Crockery and glassware
Each en-suite has:
- Shower or bath with overhead shower
- Shaver point
- Big white fluffy towels
All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included in your tariff; if you’re bringing baby, please bring your own cot linen too. We can provide one additional z-bed and bedding in the sitting room of each cottage for a small charge. There is a fully-equipped laundry room on site – it’s free to use but please bring your own washing powder. We can even loan you an iPod dock if you’ve forgotten yours.
Everyone gets a warm welcome at Upper Rectory Farm Cottages so if you have any special requirements, please let the ever-accommodating Jean know. Unfortunately, currently we can’t accommodate guest’s pets.
This is the Access Statement specifically for The Piggery. You can read the full Upper Rectory Farm Cottages Access Statement here.
Upper Rectory Farm Cottages are a collection of 9 restored farm barns set in the middle of a 200 acre arable farm in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside with wide-ranging views across the cornfields. Six of the cottages are on ground floor level and the other three are two-storey buildings. The Refectory is a large ground-floor dining/meeting room for use with the latter cottages and has it’s own kitchen situated in the centre of the two-storey group of cottages but is on the ground floor with level access to both the dining room and kitchen. There is a separate ground floor accessible shower room available to all guests if required.
Each cottage has an information folder with emergency numbers and owner’s contact details .
The tarmac farm drive is half a mile long and slopes gradually as it nears the cottages. The cottages are set around 3 interconnecting courtyards and have level access throughout and parking right up to the doors.
- The Piggery is a single-storey cottage
- Entrance: There are 3 shallow steps to the front door of 3″, 4″ and 5″. The front door is 31″ wide. A ramp (no handrails) is available if required. The outside light is on an activation sensor. The flooring inside the door is slate tiles.
- Hall: The Piggery has one long corridor the length of the cottage which is 40″ wide. It is well-lit with wall lights. It has a slate tile floor with one removable mat.
- Kitchen/living room: The Piggery has a kitchen/sitting room with an oak floor and slate tiles in the kitchen area. The table is 30″ high with legs at each corner and a central stretcher beneath. There are 8 armless chairs around the table. The worktops are 36″ high. The wall units are 55″ from the floor. The electic cooker has a side opening door with a lowest shelf height of 7″. The fridge-freezer has a lowest fridge shelf height of 49″. The lowest freezer shelf height is 11″. There is a cordless kettle. The kitchen is evenly lit with ceiling spotlights and under-unit strip lighting. There are 2 three-seater sofas and two armchairs all of which may be moved. There is a coffee table, 18″ high. The minimum space between furniture is 33″. The front door and the door to the bedrooms are 31″ wide. There is digital TV and DVD player – each with remote control. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with ceiling spotlights, wall lights and movable table lamps. There are double-door french windows with a step of 10″ down onto the patio.
- Bedrooms: .The Piggery has 4 bedrooms all with level access from the hallway. The doors into the bedrooms are 31″ wide. The twin bedrooms each have 2 single beds which are 16″ apart and may be moved further apart. Both beds have the height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The double room has a kingsize bed with height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The flooring is short pile carpet. Curtains have pull cord closing. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with wall lights and movable table lamps.
- Ensuites: The Piggery has 3 twin bedrooms each with ensuite shower room and 1 double room with ensuite bathroom. To each ensuite shower room there is level access, the doors are 26″ wide, there is a tiled floor and the washbasins are 31″ from the floor. The double bedroom has level access to the ensuite bathroom. The door into the bathroom is 26″ wide. The bath has an overhead shower and has glass screen. There are no grab rails. A riser seat is available on request. They each have natural lighting during the day and at night lighting is with ceiling spotlights and integrated mirror lights.
- Outside area: The Piggery has a level paved patio and lawned area accessed from the sitting room with table and chairs from spring to autumn. There are 2 shallow steps down to the roadway.
VisitEngland’s unique Gold award recognises exceptional quality within a star rating or for outperforming a star rating. And our cottages are reviewed every year to ensure we’re maintaining our standards. All of our cottages have achieved at least 4 Stars with a Gold Award. Plus, because we allocate cottages based on your group, we don’t charge extra for our 5 Star cottages.
What our guests say..
Just wanted to tell you what a great time we had at Upper Rectory cottages. Everything is so well provided for.
60th, birthday party. Just perfect, very comfortable. Attention to detail in cottages amazing. Loved it!
Here for Vicki & Luke’s wedding at Norton Fields. Stunning location. We all loved the cottages at Upper Rectory - so cosy and warm - great atmosphere !
Fantastic views. Great place for family gathering with really good facilities.
Beautiful accommodation - so peaceful. Lovely views. Great for family get-togethers.
Remarkable, superb, fantastic, I could run out of superlatives! Thank you so much Jean and team.
From the moment Jean met us with flapjack and milk to the moment we left everything perfect for a relaxing holiday.
Wonderful cottages, amazing location.
We had a lovely time during our stay with all our family together for Christmas.
What a wonderful venue for Christmas with friends.
We have had a lovely time here.