Combine our cottages
If you are looking for the perfect venue for a larger group stay, The Barn, The Granary and The Hayloft can be combined – with exclusive access to The Refectory – to create accommodation for up to 22 people in The Farm Collection.
Use the calendar below to find the best dates for all the properties and to submit your enquiry.
What’s in your cottage?
Our gorgeous holiday cottages are spotlessly clean and fully-equipped with everything you’ll need. There is free WiFi throughout.
Each cottage has:
- Flatscreen TV with Freeview
- DVD player
- Deep, comfy sofas
- Masses of tourist information
- Complimentary flapjacks on arrival. Home-made by Jean, they are fabulous and a favourite with our guests.
Each kitchen has:
- Solid oak units
- Electric cooker and microwave
- Fridge and freezer
- Comprehensive cooking equipment
- Crockery and glassware
Each en-suite has:
- Shower or bath with overhead shower
- Shaver point
- Big white fluffy towels
All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included in your tariff; if you’re bringing baby, please bring your own cot linen too. We can provide one additional z-bed and bedding in the sitting room of each cottage for a small charge. There is a fully-equipped laundry room on site – it’s free to use but please bring your own washing powder. We can even loan you an iPod dock if you’ve forgotten yours.
Everyone gets a warm welcome at Upper Rectory Farm Cottages so if you have any special requirements, please let the ever-accommodating Jean know. Unfortunately, currently we can’t accommodate guest’s pets.
This is the Access Statement specifically for The Barn. You can read the full Upper Rectory Farm Cottages Access Statement here.
Upper Rectory Farm Cottages are a collection of 9 restored farm barns set in the middle of a 200 acre arable farm in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside with wide-ranging views across the cornfields. Six of the cottages are on ground floor level and the other three are two-storey buildings. The Refectory is a large ground-floor dining/meeting room for use with the latter cottages and has it’s own kitchen situated in the centre of the two-storey group of cottages but is on the ground floor with level access to both the dining room and kitchen. There is a separate ground floor accessible shower room available to all guests if required.
Each cottage has an information folder with emergency numbers and owner’s contact details .
The tarmac farm drive is half a mile long and slopes gradually as it nears the cottages. The cottages are set around 3 interconnecting courtyards and have level access throughout and parking right up to the doors.
- The Barn is a two-storey cottage and has level access. It is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Entrance: The front door is 31″ wide. The outside light is on an activation sensor. The flooring inside the door is slate tiles.
- Hall and landing: The Barn has a 40″ hallway. It has slate tiles with a removable mat. Lighting is ceiling lights on automatic sensors. The landing is 39″ wide and is well-lit with wall lights. There is a 3” step halfway along the landing. The floor covering is short pile carpet.
- Kitchen/living room: The Barn has a large kitchen/sitting room with oak flooring and slate tiles in the kitchen area. The table is 31″ high with legs at each corner and a central stretcher beneath. There are 6 armless chairs around the table. The worktops are 36″ high. The wall units are 50″ from the floor.The electic cooker has a side opening door with a lowest shelf height of 7″. The fridge-freezer has a lowest fridge shelf height of 49″. The lowest freezer shelf height is 11″. There is a cordless kettle. The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen ceiling lights and under-unit strip lighting.. There are 2 three-seater sofas and 2 armchairs all of which may be moved. There is a coffee table, 18″ high. The minimum width between furniture is 33″. There is digital TV and DVD player – each with remote control. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with ceiling spotlights, wall lights and movable table lamps. There are double-door french windows with two steps down of 3″ and 4″ onto the patio.
- Bedrooms: The Barn has 3 bedrooms accessed from stairs from the sitting room. The doors into the bedrooms are 31″ wide. The twin bedrooms have 2 single beds which are 12″ apart and may be moved further apart. All beds have the height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The double room has a double bed with height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The flooring is short pile carpet. Curtains have pull cord closing. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with halogen ceiling lights, wall lights and movable table lamps.
- Ensuites: The Barn has 2 twin bedrooms each with ensuite shower room and 1 double room with ensuite bathroom. In each ensuite shower room the doors are 26″ wide, there is a tiled floor and the washbasins are 31″ from the floor. Lighting is with halogen ceiling lights and over mirror strip light. The double bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. The door into the bathroom is 26″ wide. The bath has an overhead shower and has glass surrounds. There are no grab rails. It has natural lighting during the day and at night lighting is with halogen ceiling lights and over mirror strip light.
- Outside area: The Barn has a level paved patio and lawned area accessed accessed via double French windows from the sitting room with table and chairs from spring to autumn. There is a level paved path leading out onto the roadway.
VisitEngland’s unique Gold award recognises exceptional quality within a star rating or for outperforming a star rating. And our cottages are reviewed every year to ensure we’re maintaining our standards. All of our cottages have achieved at least 4 Stars with a Gold Award. Plus, because we allocate cottages based on your group, we don’t charge extra for our 5 Star cottages.
What our guests say..
We came for a clan-gathering/birthday celebration. Fantastic that 40 people could play and eat together! Facilities top rate and setting so peaceful.
Many thanks from 43 people including children and babies. We travelled from all over England and Wales for our Golden Wedding Anniversary.
Wonderful stay for the wedding at Norton Fields!
Great location and accommodation for a large family party. We had a fantastic weekend and can thoroughly recommend Upper Rectory Farm!
The cottage is a very cosy and lovely place to stay.
Wow! What a place! There were 27 of us here! Amazing cottages, so well equipped. The place is gorgeous and we had a fabulous time.