What’s in your cottage?
Our gorgeous holiday cottages are spotlessly clean and fully-equipped with everything you’ll need. There is free WiFi throughout.
Each cottage has:
- Flatscreen TV with Freeview
- DVD player
- Deep, comfy sofas
- Masses of tourist information
- Complimentary flapjacks on arrival. Home-made by Jean, they are fabulous and a favourite with our guests.
Each kitchen has:
- Solid oak units
- Electric cooker and microwave
- Fridge and freezer
- Comprehensive cooking equipment
- Crockery and glassware
Each en-suite has:
- Shower or bath with overhead shower
- Shaver point
- Big white fluffy towels
All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included in your tariff; if you’re bringing baby, please bring your own cot linen too. We can provide one additional z-bed and bedding in the sitting room of each cottage for a small charge. There is a fully-equipped laundry room on site – it’s free to use but please bring your own washing powder. We can even loan you an iPod dock if you’ve forgotten yours.
Everyone gets a warm welcome at Upper Rectory Farm Cottages so if you have any special requirements, please let the ever-accommodating Jean know. Unfortunately, currently we can’t accommodate guest’s pets.
This is the Access Statement specifically for The Carthovel. You can read the full Upper Rectory Farm Cottages Access Statement here.
Upper Rectory Farm Cottages are a collection of 9 restored farm barns set in the middle of a 200 acre arable farm in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside with wide-ranging views across the cornfields. Six of the cottages are on ground floor level and the other three are two-storey buildings. The Refectory is a large ground-floor dining/meeting room for use with the latter cottages and has it’s own kitchen situated in the centre of the two-storey group of cottages but is on the ground floor with level access to both the dining room and kitchen. There is a separate ground floor accessible shower room available to all guests if required.
Each cottage has an information folder with emergency numbers and owner’s contact details .
The tarmac farm drive is half a mile long and slopes gradually as it nears the cottages. The cottages are set around 3 interconnecting courtyards and have level access throughout and parking right up to the doors.
- The Carthovel is a single-storey cottage with no hall, stairs or passageways.
- Entrance: There is a 5″ step over the threshold. The front door is 31″ wide. A ramp (no hand rails) is available if required. The outside light is on an activation sensor. The flooring inside the door is short pile carpet.
- Kitchen/living room: The Carthovel has a kitchen/sitting with short pile carpet and slate tiles in the kitchen area. The table is 31″ high with legs at each corner and a central stretcher beneath. There are 4 armless chairs around the table. The worktops are 36″ high. The wall units are 53″ from the floor. The electic cooker has a drop-down door with a lowest shelf height of 7″. The under-unit fridge has a lowest shelf height of 11″. The small freezer is in a separate low unit with a lowest shelf height of 4″. There is a cordless kettle. The kitchen is evenly lit with ceiling spotlights and under-unit strip lighting. There is a three-seater sofa and an armchair both of which may be moved. There is a coffee table, 18″ high. The front door and the door to the bedroom are 31″ wide. There is digital TV and DVD player – each with remote control. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with ceiling spotlights, wall lights and movable table lamps.
- Bedroom: The Carthovel has 1 bedroom with level access from the kitchen/sitting room. The door is 31″ wide. There is a double bed with height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The flooring is short pile carpet. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with wall lights and movable table lamps.
VisitEngland’s unique Gold award recognises exceptional quality within a star rating or for outperforming a star rating. And our cottages are reviewed every year to ensure we’re maintaining our standards. All of our cottages have achieved at least 4 Stars with a Gold Award. Plus, because we allocate cottages based on your group, we don’t charge extra for our 5 Star cottages.
What our guests say..
The cottage is lovely - everything we needed.