Combine our cottages
If you are looking for the perfect venue for a larger group stay, The Hayloft, The Granary and The Barn can be combined – with exclusive access to The Refectory – to create accommodation for up to 22 people in The Farm Collection.
Use the calendar below to find the best dates for all the properties and to submit your enquiry.
What’s in your cottage?
Our gorgeous holiday cottages are spotlessly clean and fully-equipped with everything you’ll need. There is free WiFi throughout.
Each cottage has:
- Flatscreen TV with Freeview
- DVD player
- Deep, comfy sofas
- Masses of tourist information
- Complimentary flapjacks on arrival. Home-made by Jean, they are fabulous and a favourite with our guests.
Each kitchen has:
- Solid oak units
- Electric cooker and microwave
- Fridge and freezer
- Comprehensive cooking equipment
- Crockery and glassware
Each en-suite has:
- Shower or bath with overhead shower
- Shaver point
- Big white fluffy towels
All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included in your tariff; if you’re bringing baby, please bring your own cot linen too. We can provide one additional z-bed and bedding in the sitting room of each cottage for a small charge. There is a fully-equipped laundry room on site – it’s free to use but please bring your own washing powder. We can even loan you an iPod dock if you’ve forgotten yours.
Everyone gets a warm welcome at Upper Rectory Farm Cottages so if you have any special requirements, please let the ever-accommodating Jean know. Unfortunately, currently we can’t accommodate guest’s pets.
This is the Access Statement specifically for The Hayloft. You can read the full Upper Rectory Farm Cottages Access Statement here.
Upper Rectory Farm Cottages are a collection of 9 restored farm barns set in the middle of a 200 acre arable farm in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside with wide-ranging views across the cornfields. Six of the cottages are on ground floor level and the other three are two-storey buildings. The Refectory is a large ground-floor dining/meeting room for use with the latter cottages and has it’s own kitchen situated in the centre of the two-storey group of cottages but is on the ground floor with level access to both the dining room and kitchen. There is a separate ground floor accessible shower room available to all guests if required.
Each cottage has an information folder with emergency numbers and owner’s contact details .
The tarmac farm drive is half a mile long and slopes gradually as it nears the cottages. The cottages are set around 3 interconnecting courtyards and have level access throughout and parking right up to the doors.
- The Hayloft is a two-storey cottage and is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Entrance: The Hayloft has a 8″ step over the threshold. The front door is 31″ wide. A ramp (no hand rails) is available if required. The outside light is on an activation sensor. The flooring inside the door is oak flooring.
- Hall and Landing: The Hayloft has a small 40″ square hall between the sitting room and the kitchen with a ceiling-hung sensor light. It has slate tile flooring. The stairs have a hand rail on one wall. The landing is 39″ wide and is well-lit with wall lights. There is a 3” step halfway along the landing. The floor covering is short pile carpet.
- Sitting room: The Hayloft has a large spacious sitting room with an oak floor. There are 3 three-seater sofas and 2 armchairs all of which may be moved. There is a coffee table, 18″ high. The minimum width between furniture is 37″. The front door and the door to the kitchen is 31″ wide. There is digital TV and DVD player – each with remote control. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with ceiling spotlights, wall lights, standard lamp and movable table lamps. There are double-door french windows with two steps down of 6″ and 8″ onto the patio.
- Kitchen: The Hayloft kitchen has slate tile flooring. The worktops are 36″ high. The wall units are 52″ from the floor. The electic cooker has a side opening door with a lowest shelf height of 7″. The under-unit fridge has a lowest shelf height of 11″. The small freezer is in a separate low unit with a lowest shelf height of 4″. There is a cordless kettle. The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen ceiling lights and under-unit strip lighting.
- Bedrooms: The Hayloft has 3 bedrooms accessed from stairs from the sitting room. The doors into the bedrooms are 31″ wide. The twin bedroom has 2 single beds which are 16″ apart and may be moved further apart. In the corner of the room there are stairs up to a loft with 2 single beds 16″ apart. There are 2 skylights with pull down blinds. Lighting is spotlights on the ceiling. All beds have height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The double room has a double bed with height from floor to top of mattress of 24″. The flooring is short pile carpet. Curtains have pull cord closing. There is natural daylight, and in the evening there is good lighting with wall lights and movable table lamps.
- Ensuites: The Hayloft has a twin bedroom with ensuite shower room. The door is 26″ wide. The washbasin is 31″ from the floor. There is a tiled floor. Lighting is with ceiling spotlights and an over mirror strip light. The loft above has an ensuite toilet and washbasin. The double bedroom has an ensuite shower room. The door is 26″ wide. The washbasin is 31″ from the floor. It has a tiled floor, ceiling spotlights and over mirror strip light.
- Outside area: The Granary and The Hayloft share a paved patio within the main courtyard accessed accessed via double French windows from their sitting rooms. there are tables and chairs from spring to autumn. There are 2 steps of 6” down from the patio to the courtyard with no rails.
VisitEngland’s unique Gold award recognises exceptional quality within a star rating or for outperforming a star rating. And our cottages are reviewed every year to ensure we’re maintaining our standards. All of our cottages have achieved at least 4 Stars with a Gold Award. Plus, because we allocate cottages based on your group, we don’t charge extra for our 5 Star cottages.
What our guests say..
We came for a clan-gathering/birthday celebration. Fantastic that 40 people could play and eat together! Facilities top rate and setting so peaceful.
Many thanks from 43 people including children and babies. We travelled from all over England and Wales for our Golden Wedding Anniversary.
Wonderful stay for the wedding at Norton Fields!
Great location and accommodation for a large family party. We had a fantastic weekend and can thoroughly recommend Upper Rectory Farm!